Hey look something non-Frida related! I made a quilt for a friend a few weeks ago who was doing a whole bumblebee theme for her shower and nursery. It was a fun quilt to make and nice break to make during all the Frida-suff. She had her baby a few days ago and it's all so exciting!!
I decided to start using scraps of quilt batting and sew them together to make the batting for smaller quilts. It worked really well and I ended up doing it again for another quilt I've made.
I've never really done a design for the actual quilting part so I tried to sort of wing it for the idea I had. I kept the piecing simple because I knew I wanted to do something for intricate for the quilting. I have no knowledge of how "professional" quilting is done, but this worked really well. It just took FOREVER.
I didn't take any good pictures for scale, but the quilt came out slightly larger than a "baby" size quilt, but not quite big enough to be considered a "crib" size quilt. I think it will be a perfect size quilt for floor play. The little nugget was born just a few days ago so I hope they find it useful.