So a little over 4 years ago (what?!) I decided to do a 30 day artist challenge to feel rejuvenated and inspired creatively speaking. I thought trying out this "creative cleanse" would be the perfect way to kick off 2017. I don't know about you, but I stink at New Years resolutions and would rather partake in something that helps me start off my year on a good note rather than something that feels self-deprecating (hello guilty feelings for not getting to my goal weight.) I teamed up with Lizette and we turned it into a fun project for Bee Creative Swaps! There's no swap element with this challenge, but we thought it would be a great way to stay connected to the lovely community we've created. So here it is! The Bee Creative Swaps 30 Day Creativity Challenge...
How It Works: In no particular order, choose one thing from the list each day. The list ranges from quick, simple exercises to longer endeavors like taking a class or visiting a museum. Post a picture of yourself or your project on Instagram with the tag #beecreative30days so we can keep up with everyone! We know things get a little hectic and there might be a day you don’t have time for creative activities which is why we planned a 30 day challenge during a 31 day month.
1. Visit a museum, gallery, or local art festival
2. Watch a documentary about a(n) artist(s)
3. Research an artist
4. Create something handmade and give it to someone
5. Sign up for an art class or workshop
6. Take something from a thrift store and turn it into something new
7. Make a self-portrait
8. Doodle for 10 minutes straight
9. Frame something you have been meaning to frame
10. Draw the dream you had last night
11. Check out an art book at the library
12. Break something. (You have to destroy in order to create!)
13. Make a collage
14. Go to a movie, play, or concert.
15. Make a card for someone you love
16. Make an inspiration board for a future project
17. Draw some chalk art on the sidewalk
18. Make origami
19. Finger paint
20. Illustrate a song that inspires you
21. Find a new art blog or inspiring podcast to subscribe to
22. Share a link to your favorite artists work
23. Create an inspiring workspace in your home
24. Close your eyes and draw for five minutes
25. Draw yourself as a cartoon
26. Take your camera with you on a walk and document the experience
27. Finish a work-in-progress you've had sitting around for a while
28. Listen to a new artist or album. Music can inspire you!
29. Color in a coloring book
30. Purge something to make space for new ideas.
I hope you'll join us and make 2017 your most creative yet!