Saturday, January 21, 2017

Challenge Feature: no. 23 Create an Inspiring Workspace In Your Home

If you follow me on Instagram, I've been posting about my Bee Creative Swaps 30 Creativity Challenge progress here and there. Some of challenge prompts have been more exciting and transformative than others so I thought I'd pick a few posts to reflect on my favorite parts. One of the first things that I did was clean up my desk and work space.

 THE BEFORE

THE AFTER

I'm so glad this challenge finally pushed me to take care of this little area! It was quite a mess for a long time. I hardy ever actually worked at my desk because it had just turned into a big shelf. I did really buy much of anything other than $6 worth of shelves at Ikea. Really I just moved a bunch of stuff around and gave a few things away and it really made all the difference.





I do a lot of scrapbooking which is where most of my little keepsakes go, but I keep out a few postcards or pictures that give me inspiration or make me feel happy to see everyday. I still do larger projects at our dining room table, but for computer work, sketching, scrapbooking, or smaller projects I like my little inspiration corner.


I have had the same desk since I was 12 and it has served me well. It was left in our house when we moved when I was in middle school so I have no idea how old it actually is.



I know my little workspace isn't as amazing or beautiful as other people's, but it's a cute little nook in my cute little apartment. It's mine and I like it. 

I have a few more projects from this swap I'll be sharing in more detail. With a little less than 2 weeks left, I've really been enjoying the process and the journey! I hope you're creating along with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment