Monday, December 26, 2016

Handmade Holidays: Miscellaneous Things I Made

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and first few nights of Hanukkah or just a great Sunday. Ours was pretty relaxed as we're not visiting family or anything this year. Today we're on our way to Six Flags because we got a sweet deal for tickets on black Friday. I thought I'd share a few random things I made for various people this year!


A pirate doll for one of my nieces. Ari says the wood grain fabric *doesn't* look like a peg leg, but I say he's dumb.


A table top car rug. This I actually made for the school I work at. They have a giant floor car rug for the late afternoon sort of "recess" period. Something about a bunch of kids crowding around on the floor always seems to end in drama. This one is still big enough to drive toy cars on, but small enough to fit on the table instead!


These are the ornaments I made this year! I always make a handful of ornaments for people around the holidays. It's a great way to make sure I can at least get a little something to everyone. Last year I took glass blowing class and made a bunch of blown glass ornaments and this year I definitely dialed it back a bit, but I still love these kitschy Texas inspired ornaments! The screen printed patterns were purchased from a local shop. I added some leftover batting and felt backing to make them a little more plush. Then I just kinda went crazy with glitter and sequins #noregrets



I made a matching Hanukkah headband and bow tie for my brother and sister in law! I gave them a few other things as well, but this was the only part I handmade.

I didn't get something to *everyone* to I'm still sewing and crafting away for a few folks who have some serious IOUs for 2017. Oh well! Just more to share here.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you made the ornaments you sent me. That makes them even more special. Thanks Emily!

    ReplyDelete