Saturday, November 26, 2016

What I Made: Bee Creative Stocking Swap

Creating this swap was a challenge for me. My partner had so many great points of inspiration for her family stockings from Alice in Wonderland to Breaking Bad that I just didn't know which one to go with. My swap partner told me that her and her partner's favorite animal was fox so I eventually decided to go with that. 



I tried something different with swap and used a quilting pattern. I took a single block from THIS quilt pattern that I purchased and turned it into a stocking. I'll be able to reuse the pattern later to make a quilt for one of my friends who is doing a woodland creatures theme for her nursery. While I've used garment patterns before, this was my first time following a pre-made piecing pattern!

The blue fox was before I realized I forgot the forehead piece


Before fixing the forehead of the blue fox






My partner was vegan and lived in England so I went to the local vegan specialty store to try and find some fun vegan things that were in distribution in England so my partner could try some rare treats.


This is my box all packed up and ready to go
I really love the pattern I used! It's by Elizabeth Hartman and you can check it out here. Plus I love how easy it would be to use up a bunch of scrappy pieces for it. It took a while for inspiration to strike this time around, but I'm really happy with what I sent to partner.

To see all the stockings that were sent in the Stocking Swap, check out the Bee Creative Swaps Facebook page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment