Sunday, July 17, 2016

Inspiration: Chris Roberts-Antieau

While in Baltimore this weekend, I went on my second visit to the American Visionary Art Museum which is one of my absolute favorite places. Some art museums are more inspiring than others, but visiting the AVAM left me feeling refueled. Of all the work that I saw, my new favorite artist is Chris Robert-Antieau. She's a textile artist whose work is a mixture of applique, embroidery, quilting, and collage and it's all just incredible.









Seriously these pictures don't do her work justice! The texture and pattern achieved through her layers of fabric and stitching are what really make her work special, but I couldn't help but share. Her gallery is in New Orleans and I'm praying maybe one day she'll offer some kind of workshop or event that I can attend. Click here to see The Antieau Gallery Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment