Y'all...I AM SO EXCITED! Lizette and I are finally launching our new swap! After a month of voting the winning name was Viva La Frida. In case you're not familiar, this swap is all about honoring the life and artwork of Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
This swap is perfect for everyone, even if you know nothing about Frida Kahlo. This is a great opportunity to learn about her. You have no time? No problem. You can buy Frida themed art work and goods instead.
Lizette from CreativityLizette and me will be posting "Friday Frida's Favs" on our blogs to help you out with some ideas and see how much Frida has inspired others.
Need some inspiration now?! You seriously need to check out Lizette's blog! She has done some amazing Frida inspired projects. Check 'em out this shadow box that is still displayed in my bedroom, these fun photo props, this Frida altar, and this collection of lovely trinkets she did as a fun giveaway!
Okay so back to the swap! The rules:
1. Sign up by May 21, 2016.
2. You'll receive details of your swap partner on May 31. Feel free to say hi/hola via email, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
3. Create, gather, paint, construct shop for a Frida Kahlo themed gift, personalized for your swap partner based on their likes. Amount $25 - $30, not including shipping. We encourage shoppers to support independent local business. For example, sellers on Etsy.
4. Swap gifts in the mail no later than July 1st, that way we would all receive a gift to open on Frida's birthday week. Tracking is highly recommended.
5. Optional: Send sneak peek pictures of your progress work to Bee Creative Swaps on Facebook Messenger so we can post them on BeeCreativeSwaps Instagram account.
6. Fill out the Google Doc to sign up!