Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Frida Favs Pt 1: Frida Tattoos

To help everyone stay inspired over the course of the Viva La Frida swap, Lizette and I will be doing a series every Friday called Friday Frida Favs where we share things inspired by Frida that are inspiring us! I am huge fan of tattoos and body modification so Lizette gave me the great idea to share some Frida tattoos. Falling down the internet spiral of looking Friday tattoos was delightful and made me want more tattoos!


I have my own Frida inspired tattoo which is my chest piece. It's a portion of a quote from what I believe was an unsent letter to Diego Rivera. The quote is "te quiero mas que a mi propia piel" which translates to "I love you more than my own skin." I decided to get a portion of the words just in English for a few reasons, but mostly because my Spanish skills aren't super strong and I worried I would deal with a lot of headaches with native speakers assuming I was fluent.


I hope to add to my chest someday and add in more elements of Frida's work, but for now I'm left to look at all the beautiful artwork on other people. On to the beautiful tattoos!
source
source
source
source
source

source
source

I hope you stay inspired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment