Monday, January 28, 2013

I Made It Myself: Dresses!

So I think I'm finally starting to hang the hang of this whole sewing thing a bit. I was really excited because last week I made my first dress! I've made one toddler romper before, but this was my first "real" article of clothing that I've made! It was very very exciting for me!

 photo IMAG0504_zps3f934bcc.jpg

I realize it's not the best photo, but with the negative degree freezing cold weather I didn't exactly want to go outside into natural lighting and take pictures.

I'm really in love with the ledger paper fabric!

 photo IMAG0506_zps29672372.jpg

And perhaps my favorite thing: POCKETS! 
I'm one of those people who hates clothing without pockets and now that I know a few different pocket techniques I'm going to put pockets on EVERYTHING!

 photo IMAG0508_zps9a5376e2.jpg

I actually signed up for a 2-part class to make this dress, but got so excited after the class was over that I finished it the next day on my own. I was so ecstatic after making this dress, that the very next day I had to make another one using the Washi Dress Pattern! I got a little obsessed......

 photo IMAG0525_zpsb45ae6c6.jpg

Incase you couldn't tell, I've got a soft spot for wacky fabrics. 

I'm really pumped to start making all of my own clothing as well as using sewing to start making gifts for people. I was sort of starting to hit my wall with ceramics. I mean, I love working clay and getting my hands dirty, but I needed a change of pace. Sewing has been so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Emily! They look great on you. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete