Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This Is Why I Create

Creating art or making crafts is a relaxing process for most people. I say most people because I recognize that there are quite a few people who have a lot of anxiety about their own creativity. Doing things and making things for other people feels good, but it feels even better when you know you are giving them something that will actually be of value to them. A while ago, I posted some platters I had made as wedding gift for people. You can check out the post here. I sent the platters off to the happy couples and one of them was one of my favorite bloggers, Kaelah from Little Chief Honeybee. Since then, I've seen the gift I made for her pop up on her blog on more than one occasion.


Photobucket 

Photobucket

It's never been "featured" in the traditional sense, but every once in a while I see it hanging out on a table or counter top somewhere in her home when she posts new photos. It's just part of her home. Every time I see it, it makes remember why I love creating things for people. You can give someone something that becomes part of their life and it serves a functional purpose. It's a different feeling than buying someone a gift from the store because it's so much more personal. 

This year, I'm hoping to find the time to hand make as many gifts as possible for friends and family. I'm a little bit stressed about the time consuming task, but moments like this make me realize it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the same thing. About 90% of my Christmas gifts this year are homemade.

    ReplyDelete