Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Minute Halloween Crafts

I've been wanting to learn to sew for a long time and finally pulled the trigger! I purchased a basic sewing machine and some fat quarters to do a little practicing. I'm signed up for 3 sewing classes at the end of the month. To get practicing, I made a fabric ghost headband. 


 It's nothing fancy, but I'm excited to learn more and hope this will mean more projects and new products for the future.

And for one last Halloween craft

Mummy Jars!


What you need:
1. mason jars
2. bowl of warm water
3. scissors
4. construction paper
5. roll of plaster sheets
6. candles


Cut strips of the plaster sheets, soak them one at a time in warm water and then wrap them around each mason jar.


Depending on the size and shape of the jars you have, you may want to cut your strips down into smaller sections. 


Then cut out facial features out of construction paper and secure them on with small strips of plaster.


When you have all your faces on each one, plop a candle down into the bottom of each one.



I wasn't sure if I was a huge fan of them, but then I turned off the lights they look awesome! They're a great craft for the porch or driveway for people who are planning on hanging outside



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment