Thursday, October 25, 2012

Edible Crafts: A New Treat!

I've been reading the Vegan Crunk blog for a while and I was excited that Bianca's cookbook has finally come out! I ordered one from her blog and received my signed copy in the mail. It took me a few days before I had the chance to cook a recipe from it, but my first choice for a simple dinner one day when Ari was out of town was Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers.




Hmm...notice the cooking ingredients and my crafts taking up the same work area? This is a regular occurrence in my life. I need a separate craft room!



The quinoa itself was yummy! The extra that didn't fit inside the peppers I ate as is.


I sprinkled on a layer of nutritional yeast and then added Daiya cheese on top of that. I can get a bit grossed out by too much Daiya (tapioca overload anyone?) so the nutritional yeast was a nice balance.


The only part I didn't like was that the recipe said to use the papers right side up, but I would have preferred them on their side. They would be easier to eat that as the pepper becomes a more manageable "cup" for the filling. Other than that, DELICIOUS! It made me want to remake the stuffed pepper recipe from Veganomicon so I could compare the two. 

Bianca recently posted this sandwich combination used recipes from the book and I think I might need to try that next!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment