Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY: Easy Autumn Decorations

DIY: Autumn Wrapping Paper


I love fancy printed scrapbook or craft papers, but they are always SOOO expensive for a tiny little sheet. I decided to vamp my halloween decorations at work on a slightly less expensive scale. 

I started with a plain orange roll of paper, but I think it would look just as nice to use brown kraft paper or any other warm color. I used red, orange, and yellow tempera paints, but I'm sure any acrylic or craft paint would do nicely for something so simple. 

Luckily, we had a maple leaf stencil already, but you could really use any kind of floral element since it's all changing colors in the fall. 



I randomly sponged leaves all over the paper allowing the colors to blend naturally. I dipped my sponge into the colors in a rotation so that each leaf would have its own unique shades of red, orange, and yellow. 


Once the paper was done, I used it to wrap different stands and shelves that we have at work to display ceramic items in the front window. I had floral print paper in the front all spring and summer so despite the fact that I am PUMPED for autumn, the visual difference has been such a relief. 


The window display is still in progress and will be complete once we have some awesome customer artwork to display. I'm going to use the leftover paper to wrap my brother's birthday gifts since his birthday is October 28th. 


I have a few more decoration ideas up my leave that I am really excited to finish!



No comments:

Post a Comment