Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DIY: Small Autumn Wreath

I've been very excited for this autumn. The summer seemed to totally slip away from me, so I'm trying to take full advantage of this wonderful season! Halloween is my favorite holiday, but it could have something to do with the fact that it falls right after my birthday so October was just a fun filled month for me growing up.

To kick off the season in my house, I made my own Fall Wreath!

DIY Autumn Wreath


Supplies:
Styrofoam hoop purchased from Michael's
Small black bird decorations purchased from Michael's
Divine Twine in orange and black. 



 Essentially it's just a hoop wrapped in string. The concept was pretty simple, but wrapping a thin twine around the circle until it completely covered everything easily took over an hour!



Once completely wrapped, I looped the twine around my hand several times to make a hoop to hang on the hook on my door. I figured it was easier than figuring out how to make a way to hold it in place after the fact.



I debated on how to add more decoration to it, but I thought the two little black ravens (crows? either way) were just too cute to pass up. Plus, I like the simple look.


The lighting in my building is AWFUL and it's made even worse by the fact that I live in a basement apartment so what little lighting there in the hallways barely makes in down to my floor. As you can see, the colors of the twine are completely washed out in the photo, but it looks cute in person!


Happy Fall everyone! What crafts are you working on?

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea, I really like the twine you used
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete