Monday, August 27, 2012

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

art work from Etsy seller SweetMomentsCaptured
For anyone who doesn't know, my summer has been absolutely hellacious. I've been working 70+ hours a week, getting little to no sleep, maintaining a horrible and haphazard diet, and generally been pretty stressed out. But for the last 5 years, that has pretty much been my summer season. Working summer programs with kids during the time of the year that most people take vacations means I've usually had to stick it out and work crazy hours for a few weeks at a time, but this summer has been especially harsh.
More importantly, what this has meant for me is that:

I haven't been creating any new artwork of my own
I haven't been making any new items for The Morose Bee
I haven't felt inspired thanks to lack of sleep and poorly fueled brain and body.
When I do get sales, I have to pay an arm and a leg to upgrade shipping because I'm usually stressed and shipping things late.
I've been disconnected from almost everything about roller derby.
I've generally been a cranky pants. 

However, THIS FRIDAY IS MY LAST DAY OF MY KIDS SUMMER PROGRAM! While I am going to miss some of the kids terribly, I am so looking forward to getting reunited with my sanity.

My Light At The End Of The Tunnel Fall Plans/Goals

1. Have a me day
I'm hoping this will include getting a pedicure, going to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, and hitting up the local used bookstore, but I'm open to changes.

2. Do a fun fall activity
Last year we went apple picking and, while it was fun, I kind of want to do something different this year. Maize Maze? Haunted House? We shall see.

3. Do LOTS of Halloween crafts and events both for work and for The Morose Bee.
Some of this is already in the works! Stay tuned! So excited!!

4. NSO the crap out of the last bouts I have of the season
Yay derby!!! I'm going to savor every minute I have of be a part of the worlds greatest athletic revolution!

5. Sign up for a craft class
Keeping my eyes peeled on local schedules at yarn shops and fabric stores. Hoping something lines up with my schedule soon!

6. Get back into my morning routines
For a while I was doing a good job of getting up early, making juice, doing yoga, and doing some creative drawing warm ups before heading off to work. I'm hoping to start doing this again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment