Thursday, May 17, 2012

Monthly Fix

Okay I am officially hooked on sampler boxes! I am not really one to shop or keep up with trends and popular brands so they are basically a dream come true for me. Plus getting mail is so exciting! It's like getting a little surprise from a mystery friend!

First off, BIRCH BOX!

I have never been one to be big on make up. I've just finally managed to pin down a skin care routine involving some light make up after trying to figure out how this all works since I was about 12. Birch Box  was designed for people like me. Based on my first box, it's a good mix of basics (like a good moisturizer) with a phone item or two (like nail polish). 


In this box I received:
BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray
I have never purchased a perfume because they are usually expensive and I worry that maybe they are too heavy. I don't wanna be that lady who gives everyone a headache from her overpowering smell. This perfume rocks (or at least I think it does for as good as I can smell myself). It's light and refreshing without being fruity. I wish I could comment more effectively, but as someone who knows nothing about perfume all I can really say is "Thumbs Up!"
Color Club Nail Polish in Clambake Coral
Kiehl's Abyssine Cream+
Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow:
What, a tinted moisturizer designed for parts of the body other than your face? Awesome! 
Twistaband Hair Tie:
Just having shaved most of my head made this one kind of a waste of space, but oh well.
Birchbox Extra Notecard


For $10 a month, this box included a small collection of items, but everything is really high quality and definitely was great deal. Most of the make up products are at about the $50 price point in their full size containers which makes them items I would normally never get to try.


Next up, CONSCIOUS BOX

After looking at different sampler boxes, I thought "hmm I wonder if there is a vegan box?" So I Googled a bit and boom! Conscious Box!!! Hello lovely!
This box was an UH-MAZING deal in terms of the samples and coupons you get. I am definitely going to get a larger subscription for future months. 


This box contained:
Better Life Body Lotion
CANFO Natural Products- FlushMe detox formula
Good Nature Tea
Mayesa Ogranic Hemp Protein chocolate "milk"
Natural Vitality vitamins
Ultima Replenisher vitamin powder
Mate Factor 
Vaska Laundry Detergent
Bambooee Reusable Paper Towels
Wembe soap
Dr. Tungs toothbrush covers
Because I received so many different products, I don't really have a ton of feedback on specific items as I haven't had the appropriate opportunity to use all of them. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for more hemp chocolate milk though!


STITCHFIX:
I also ended up getting the StitchFix box again and I have to say it's really opened my eyes to try and think about styling The Morose Bee jewelry with actual outfits especially for types of clothing that I don't actually own! I had such a hard time trying to figure out what to do with some of the clothes that I received this month. It's probably my new favorite exercise for jewelry design. I didn't take any pictures of any of that this month just due to lack of time. Maybe next month though!

No comments:

Post a Comment