Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sudden Impact



Have you ever found out about something that you know what have spoken so deeply to you at one point in your life? Sure it's great now, but if you would have discovered it when you were in a different place emotionally and at a different level of maturity you would have just exploded. That's how I felt when I FINALLY bought Everything All the Time by Band of Horses a few days ago.

Band of Horses didn't really pick up on my radar until maybe 2008 or 2009 and I never made an effort to actively listen to them until maybe 2010. So after discovering an iTunes gift card in my little brothers room, I bought the album since Pandora's been playing a lot of it on my stations lately. Everything All the Time was released in March of 2006. I would have been 16 and in one of the most dramatic and heart wrenching relationships of my youth. It would have been almost one month before the first boy I loved dropped off the planet. Not dumped be. Just totally disappeared. The second I heard this album in its entirety, I thought about myself at the time that this album was released. I feel as though I missed something that would have spoken to me so intensely at that point in my life and carried me through a really horrible experience. I wish I could go back and give myself this album. I really don't even know how to explain it.

Has anything brand new ever made you feel an unexplainable emotional connection to your past experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment