Monday, March 5, 2012

30 DAY CHALLENGE

etsy seller: happydeliveries


In honor of Movie Monday being reduced to every other week for the sake of my own sanity and level of inconsistency, I thought I would make this Monday's post at least a little exciting.

I've been getting a little frustrated with a lot of the blogs I loved reading turning into substance less fashion blogs. I started this blog as way to share and get feedback on art projects, works in projects, new jewelry items, and the occasional lifestyle post. I'm nervous that as time goes on I'll begin to lose sight of why I started keeping this thing in the first place. After my mental vacation in Florida, I thought a 30 day creative challenge would be the perfect thing to get me back on track.

The following is a list that I created based on other 30 day challenges I've seen on line. Others seems  bit err... lacking or not applicable to the city that I live in. So here it is,

The Morose Bee's 30 Day Creative Challenge.

5. Create something handmade and give it to someone6. Sign up for an art class7. Take something from a thrift store and turn it into something new8. Make a self-portrait9. Doodle for 10 minutes straight10. Frame something you have been meaning to frame11. Draw the dream you had last night12. Create a font type for your name13. Create a business card14. Check out an art book at the library15. Break something. (You have to destroy in order to create!)16. Make a collage17. Support the local arts scene by going to a local festival, music event, art show, play, museum exhibit, etc.18. Make a card for someone you love19. Make an inspiration board (moodboard) for a future project20. Draw some chalk art on the sidewalk21. Make origami22. Finger paint23. Illustrate a song that inspires you24. Add an art blog's RSS feed to your reader25. Draw the best part of today26. Send a friend a link to your favorite artist's work27. Create an artists workspace in your home28. Close your eyes and draw for five minutes29. Draw yourself as a cartoon30. Take your camera with you on a walk and document the experienceJoin me?

1 comment:

  1. You can get #5 done by doing swaps. Making something for a complete stranger. I did a marathon on artist documentaries on Netflix once. It was very inspiring and informational.
    Will I follow you in this creative challenge? Sure! But, once I'm done with school. I'll try to get some done on the side though.

    ReplyDelete