Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Busy Bee

artwork from flapperdoodle


I ended up having a sort of last minute trip home to Florida for this weekend. My parents are going on a work trip and I'm here taking care of the kiddos. Usually when I come home, I end up working at my old job Go van Gogh while I'm here. I've actually posted about it a couple of times here and here.

Needless to say, it ends up not really ever being much of a vacation considering I'm working everyday.

Well this trip was a bit on the fly so I never got around to calling my old job. Today when I arrived I sat down to plan out what was going to be happening this weekend and I thought "okay so I have to get my siblings up, ready for school, and to their bus stop by 7am. After they are at school I have to go........... uh..... I have to...... umm..... OH MY GOD. I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING."

I don't know if I can possibly explain what this feeling is like for some one like me. I am always doing something, trying to make something, rushing off somewhere, running late for something, behind on a million things. I now have FOUR WHOLE DAYS of relaxing, reading, and being with my brother and sister. I'm almost in shock.

Being someone who strives to be an artist and maker of inspiring goods, being so busy and stressed out all of the time is totally counterproductive. I'm hoping to use this trip as my chance to get on top of my life and really reevaluate what I'm doing. Fourteen hour work days,  never spending time with Ari, no time to create new art or jewelry pieces. Is that what I want?

I was really stressing about leaving work and taking the time out of my schedule for this trip, but maybe it's exactly what I was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment