Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thankful Vegan

I am currently sitting on my friends couch while wonderful vegan smells are circling all around me as we get ready for a late night Thanksgiving feast. I wanted this year to be casual, bullshit free, and filled with friends and that's exactly what I'm getting.

As a Thanksgiving post I thought I would share one of my favorite parts of my trip so far, going to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland and ordering a dozen vegan doughnuts. In this season of indulgence, vegans usually get left out, but when my friends took me to Voodoo Doughnuts I finally got to have one of the comfort foods I've missed without the guilt! Not all of their doughnuts are vegan, but they have a pretty good selection and are quite the known hotspot in Portland. Apparently, there is usually a line out the door. We got lucky to go during a quiet time.








The doughnuts were delicious and surprisingly unvegan tasting. Usually even if vegan foods are tasty they have a distinct ehh..."not real" taste to them. These doughnuts tasted exactly like a regular doughnut. I was pleasantly surprised. 

I hope everyone today is blessed with full tummies and more treats that you know what to do with!

No comments:

Post a Comment