Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Edible Crafts: A Miracle

I'm pretty sure one night Isa Moskowitz went into my brain to find my inner most desire and then created this book

Pie is the best thing ever. Better than cake or ice cream or any other form of dessert and if you don't agree then you don't know anything. This book was just released a few weeks ago, and I was very excited to make something from it after months of waiting!

We went apple picking a month ago and I have a freezer full of sliced apples so I made the recipe for  a Apple Brown Betty. You can actually access the entire book and see the FULL RECIPE by clicking here


The recipe consisted of things I already had in my house: sugar, a few spices, vegan margarine, lemon juice, and apples. Pretty simple. Check out the link above to see all the details. 


This recipe calls for A LOT of margarine. Melted down into a pan for breadcrumbs, layering the bottom of the baking dish with, and then even putting globs of it over the top of the whole thing at the end. If Paula Dean was vegan, she would totally make this, ya'll. 





Apples, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and lemon juice. I'm pretty sure I could just eat this giant bowl of sugared apples and be happy forever. 




I'm not sure if I've ever had an Apple Brown Betty before, but it didn't taste like apple pie. More of an chunky apple sauce sprinkled with crunchy breadcrumbs. Not quite a cobbler, but still delicious. 

P.s. Remember a few days ago when I said I had a ton of new items to add to the shop, but I never did? Well it snowed this weekend and I didn't go outside to take product photos in the snow, but they're up now! 

4 comments:

  1. yum!

    do you have the cookie and cupcake books as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pie shop here in Seattle called High 5 Pie and it's designed to look like a 50's diner and they have a ton of vegan pies. We shall go there.

    ReplyDelete