Wednesday, October 19, 2011

No Cost Costume Ideas

A few days ago I did a post about different items I have for sale that would help make great Halloween costumes, however, this year I picked my based on the fact that I didn't want to have to spend any money. Plus I like costumes that aren't overpriced pieces of crap made of synthetic material from a gross superstore. Last year I went as a piece of sushi and other than the giant pillow strapped to my back for the sashimi, I still wear the white dress that I bought to be the "rice" portion of my costume.


This year I'm going as Minnie Mouse, mainly because every time I wear my red and white polka dot top, I get at least one Minnie Mouse comment per day from someone. Every freaking time. Plus I have the souvenir ears from Disneyworld and it seems silly not to find a reason to wear them outside of Disney!


 I decided to see what else I had in my closet that would make a halfway decent costume without having to spend any money. Keep in mind, none of these have any real "wow" factor, but maybe they'll inspire a last minute costume idea for you especially if you live on a budget like me.

MERMAID
Turquoise Leggings, Bikini Top, Tropical Sarong, and Octopus Hair Clip
Other possible additions: shells in any form, a green skirt or something more "tail" like
DR FRANK N' FURTER
(you can pretty much do any Rocky Horror cast member with the right underwear)
Red Corset, Black Garter Belt, Black Boy Shorts, Black Heels
Other possible additions: pearls, lots of make up
PIRATE
Red Corset, Grey Leggings, Skull Scarf, Octopus Clip
Other possible additions: sword, big boots
CHICKEN
White Shirt, Light Colored Paints, Yellow Gloves (ideally yellow stockings), Chicken Hat
Other possible additions: anything with feathers!

 What are you being for Halloween? Does anyone have any Halloween money saving tips of their own? This is my favorite time of year, but there's no sense in going broke over it! Especially with pricey Christmas/Chanukah time around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. my husband and i are going as tweedle dee and tweedle dum! i made the costumes for an alice party last year and i wanted to get at least one more wear out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reusing costumes! i can't tell you how many times i've been a fairy or a gypsy using my Ren Fest clothes!

    ReplyDelete