Thursday, August 25, 2011

Edible Crafts

I'm really excited for col weather already! I even find myself craving foods like chili and pot pie which are heartier and I normally save for winter. The other night I decided to make a stew of sorts to quench my winter foods craving. 

Tempeh and Portobello Mushroom Stew

Always steam your tempeh before cooking it! If you've ever tried tempeh and found it bitter, you probably just needed to steam it first. 

Chopped up all of my my veggies and my seasonings are ready to go. Bell peppers, onions, portobello mushrooms. 


 Frying up my tempeh! Fried tempeh has a bit more crunch and it only needs to be in the pan for about 3 minutes on each side.  

Next up, sauteing garlic, onions, and bell peppers. 

After about 7 minutes, add in your mushrooms and continue to cook everything down. 

Adding in some veggie broth, spices, sherry, and I love adding some kind of flour or thickener to give that thick creamy texture. 

 Add in your tempeh at the very end and mix everything together!

A little rosemary focaccia bread on the side and yum!!! Bring on winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment