Thursday, July 28, 2011

Habitat for Insanity

It's been a while since I've done a post on some crafty apartment related thing, but it took me a while to get back into the spirit of things since I've been home from out of town. I finally got started on a new project around here. I hate that we have big empty walls in our bedroom. Not having a headboard of any kind just leads to big dead space and I haven't quit figure out the right solution for them. I bought a few of these craft letters at Paper Source and I thought it would be fun to start a little wall collage above the bed.

My original plan was to draw on them and then paint them with some kinda pirate/ninja design


After a while I decided they might turn out looking more professional if I just did some collage over top of them. 
Supplies:
Craft letters
Glue stick/Mod Podge
Scissors
Old Magazines




I put them above the bed with contact strips. It's still really plain and boring, but I hope to add a few more items to curate a nice little collection to have a display above the bed. 



More importantly, it all only cost me about $5!

No comments:

Post a Comment