Friday, June 10, 2011

Edible Crafts- My Vegan Staple

There are a few things that almost everyone always has in their kitchen. This ranges greatly from person to person, but everyone has their "staples" list. Three things I always have are tofu, various frozen veggies, and ready made frozen pie crusts. My ultimate vegan staple is Tofu Quiche. It's simple, easy to make, and delicious.


There are many varieties which have ingredients ranging from soy sauce, vegan sour cream, mustard, soy milk, nutritional yeast, various spices, vegan cheese, flour, and the list continues. In my opinion, there are not enough foods served in pie crusts! I love pie crust and it makes every meal 10x better!

Last night I didn't feel like going all out for cooking so I went up the street to a little vegan cafe and bought a half pound of vegan cheese. I mixed up my tofu with the vegan cheese, a squirt of mustard, a splash of soy sauce, a few dashes of garlic salt, dash of nutmeg, a few shakes of onion powder, 1/4 cup of almond milk, a handful of frozen veggies, and sprinkled the top with some bread crumbs I happened to have. Throw that bad boy in a crust and stick it in the oven at 375 for 35 minutes and VOILA! Delicious vegan dinner.

The best part is I now have left over vegan cheese and made a yummy breakfast bagel with melted cheese and leftover ingrediants from tacos we made the other night! Can't beat it!

What's are your kitchen staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment