Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Edible Crafts- It's A Flop

I love cooking. I love trying new recipes and I love cooking with new ingredients, but sometimes that leads to food that turns out not so great. I tried making a Navy Bean, Asparagus and Tarragon Quiche from Veganomican and I have to say there is nothing worse than spending a bunch of time cooking a new recipe only to have it turn out gross.

I guess the point was supposed to be that most vegan quiches are made with tofu and the recipe was supposed to be an alternative to the monotony by using navy beans and ground walnuts, but navy beans are just mushy and don't really do a whole lot other than taste like baby food.





Doesn't it look so pretty? How could something that came out looking so pretty taste so....not good. I mean it wasn't gross. I could've eaten it if maybe I was starving....if I was starving......


Moral of the story, LONG LIVE TOFU!

No comments:

Post a Comment