Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Edible Crafts- Going Raw

I've owned RAWvolution since...oohhh...I dunno, sometime in high school?? Until tonight I have never made a single recipe from it. I mean sure I've had Raw foods, but not intentionally. You know, making a salad on our "healthy" nights and such. Raw foods are any foods made from natural produce, nuts, grains, etc. Nothing is cooked more than 105 degrees Fahrenheit in order to preserve the the natural nutrients in foods. Eating a raw diet is great for your body, but is nearly impossible to maintain unless you cook every meal for yourself. It's amazing how many things are processed even among health foods. 

The thing about trying new foods is that they can often require ingredients that mean a whole restock of your pantry. Not wanting to deal with that cost right away,  started small with one of the recipes with simple (i.e. familiar) ingredients.

Cauliflower Couscous 
Cauliflower, mint, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, olives, olive oil, salt, and pepper. 


Literally all you do is it give it all a good chopping and then mix it together. No, really, that's it. The great thing about eating Raw is that with no cooking means most recipes you just mix together.


I put the Cauliflower Couscous on some Falafel I made. Okay so MAYBE putting a raw food on a fried food defeats the purpose, but hey...baby steps. 


Pretty delicious.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try the raw thing. I've been vegetarian for four years, vegan for one, and raw feels like the next step. But what a GIANT step it is! Maybe I'll just have raw weeks from time to time...

    Baby steps is right, that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever eat raw completely, but I can't deny that it's a super healthy awesome diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yum! i think it's all about balance, you know incorporating some raw things in your diet is great, but it's such a life upheaval to do it all the time. I love cooking fresh, healthy delicious food. . .i did a post on my blog a few days back about my visit to the local all veggie all organic all local supermarket. it's heaven!
    x

    ReplyDelete