Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Edible Crafts

Cauliflower and Mushroom Potpie with Black Olive Crust from Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

With all the cold weather foods like pot pies and chilis are so yummy this time of year. This one was quite a lot of effort but it had a yummy biscuit like crust with chopped black olives added. The filling was made of mushrooms, carrots, and cauliflower in "buttery" sauce. 




I also really enjoy drinking as I cook. Not necessarily alcohol, but just having a beverage is sort of part of my cooking routine. I'm trying out some fun new sodas in my search for a corn syrup free soda choice. This one was Pumpkin Pie! It was like pumpkins and root beer had a delicious baby, but it was a bit to expensive to drink daily.


But back to the casserole.....


This recipe was pretty good, but Ari is not a fan of olives nor cauliflower so it doesn't really work for my household. I think I'll just stick to regular ol' pot pies. It takes over an hour to prepare, but it was full of flavors I don't normally cook which was an exciting challenge. 

 I've also been cooking my way right on through Vegan Cookies Take Over Your Cookie Jar! The basic chocolate chip cookies were quite yummy and chewy and nice little after dinner treat to have a around for a few days! I have yet to make a bad cookie from Isa. My cookie milk of choice is almond milk!!

3 comments:

  1. Cauliflower + Black Olives = two of my favorite things. Too bad Ari can't appreciate the greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the doughy part of the pot pie totally looks like chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah! I know. It totally does look like cookies!

    ReplyDelete