Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Edible Crafts


I made quite a yummy little dinner the other night, well, at least I thought so anyway. I used a portobello salad recipe from Veganomicon, but I'm a bit of a lazy cook so mine veered from the recipe a bit.

I filled a baking dish with about 1/4 cup of cooking sherry, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons, and a few cloves of chopped garlic. The portobello mushrooms were baked in the sauce for 40 minutes at 400 degrees and flip after 20 minutes.

After that take them out and slice them up



I took a salad of mixed greens, red onion, chick peas, and avocado (YUM! MY FAV)

I made a dressing following the recipe from the book, but I varied a bit using a different vinegar mainly because I don't keep red wine vinegar around because balsamic kicks its butt. But I used 1/4 cup spicy mustard, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 3 tablspoons grapeseed oil, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.

 

I served with some couscous and ate it for the next two days. Ari isn't a huge onion fan, but LOVED the mushrooms. I even used the leftover mushrooms to make soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment