Sunday, February 20, 2011

Deeply Moved



I was going through my Etsy shop just making sure all my listings were good, sold orders were shipped, etc, etc when I noticed this feedback left about two weeks ago regarding a carrot necklaced I sold:

Absolutely love this necklace. My father passed away of cancer, and one of the last things he said in his very medicated state was that I should wear more carrots. This is a lovely little item to have in his memory. Thanks so much!


Holy crap...


I'm bawled like a baby after I read that. I make jewelry to have fun and share my love of quirky, bright, chunky jewelry with other people, but I never really thought about creating something that held so much meaning for someone. I think I took it so strongly because I'm close with my dad and I have a tattoo for him so father daughter stories always hit home for me. I think it's safe to say that my mind has officially been blown. Even if I never managed to make another sale on Etsy again, I am so happy that I was able to provide something important and meaningful to someone else. This is why creativity and sharing ideas and putting yourself out there is so important! Share what you have with the world because you never know who it will impact in a positive way!


Maybe I'm just a giant sappy crybaby, but I can't help it...

No comments:

Post a Comment