Friday, December 3, 2010

Recipe- Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Ari and I had a belated Thanksgiving potluck at our apartment this week and I made a Star Wars Vegan Pumpkin PIe!

I was really excited about it decided to share the recipe. The star wars crust on the top was a hit and at first nobody realized it was even vegan.

1 can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 package silken tofu
2 teaspoons corn starch
a few dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt

blend and pour into a vegan pie shell (i pick them up at whole foods. not all stores carry them)

I used a second crust to punch out the star wars shapes with star wars cookie cutters that I have

Place in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes and then cook for an addition hour at 350 or until crust is slightly brown. Chill and serve.

1 comment:

  1. OMFG amazing! Where'd you get those? We have to use them for the vegan cookie swap.

    ReplyDelete