Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just A Few Things....

Just a few things that made me happy today....

1. Living in a big city with a ridiculous clusterfuck of cars and buses and blah blah blah, I get really frustrated with the amount of waisted energy. I've taken to walking most places because the reality is you can walk to almost anything you need in the Greater Boston Area in 30 minutes or less. Not a big hike. Then I saw this....

Oh how I wish every major city in America was required to have grow buses. Aside from looking amazing, I think the idea is that the vegetation on the roof of the bus would offset some of the environmental stress the bus creates. I would be so all about public transportation again. 

And then there was this....


According to this site, most people flip to the middle of a book (usually around page 99) to scan and see if it's something they think is worth reading. The concept of The Page 99 Test is that hopeful authors can submit page 99 of their manuscripts and you (the user) can go on the site and rate your likelihood/desire to read the rest of their work. As an avid reader, I think this site is awesome and I'm excited for it to get it's feet off the ground.

Speaking of books...err....graphic novels.... I read Vol 1 of the Scott Pilgrim series this weekend. It was almost scene for scene like the first 15 minutes of the movie. 


I wanted to start reading the books because I thought the movie was incredible and I've heard of some snobby people being all like "Wahh, wahh, wahh! The movie sucks! The graphic novel is better and now it's been reuined by the mainstream! I'm a whiny hipster! I'm a purist! Blah blah blah!" So I wanted to find out for myself. 



So far I have no idea what the hell is wrong with people. Granted I do know that the ending is different and and I am only 1/6th of the way through, 

but seriously... whiny hipsters need'a recognize.


2 comments:

  1. Motherfucker! Motherfucker! Motherfucker! I got you the first Scott Pilgrim book as part of your bday present... good thing I didn't send it already. Gah, I'll find something else just as cool and keep Scott Pilgrim for myself. Good thing I read your blog ;) Also, call me when you receive your package (should be Monday or Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww hahahahahaha. Well there are 5 more books I haven't read yet!

    ReplyDelete