Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dead Sea Creatures

I found this great tutorial from none other than Martha Stewart on how to make tissue paper pom poms. I figured "Easy enough. I can whip a bunch of these out as decorations for my craft booth this weekend." WRONG. I figured I'd be clever and use half as much tissue paper to try and save on materials THUS the dead sea urchin looking thing you see above. Note to self, when Martha says EIGHT sheets of tissue paper, don't try and sneak by with four. Martha Knows best.
I will be spending my evening making new slightly less dead sea urchin looking pom poms. After that I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain the day of the festival and wash away my poms.

Btw, have I mentioned how much jewelry I've been making lately?
I just haven't been able to post any of it! All the extras from the craft show will be posted to my Etsy, but let's hope I sell everything, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Martha Stewart sees all! She frowns upon your dead sea urchins with SHAME...also those bow tie necklaces are super cute

    ReplyDelete